Archaeopteryx are prehistoric bird-like theropods.
- In the 1933 film of King Kong, there is a bunch flying away as the Stegosaurus enters the clearing, there is more flting around the dead tree as Kong goes to fight the sailors on the log.
- The creatures reappear in Son of Kong, flying around the island. They also escape when the island was sinking (off-screen).
- The name Archaeopteryx means Ancient Wing.
- Archaeopteryx fossils were found in Germany.
- The Archaeopteryx lived during the Jurassic Period.
- The Archaeopteryx' prey was lizards and insects.
- The Archaeopteryx were replaced by Vultusaurs in the 2005 remake.