A very stylized incarnation of this marine reptile eats Hellstrom as he attempts to flee at the end of Son of Kong. The 'snapping' version that grabbed Hellstrom was actually the revamped brontosaur from the original film; same holds for the armature version seen briefly snarling in predatory glee. When the island was sinking, the Elasmosaurus escaped with every other creature, but the other creatures died with Kiko.
Elasmosaurus is a genus of plesiosaur that lived in North America during the Campanian stage of the Late Cretaceous period, about 80.5 million years ago.
- Elasmosaurus was a carnivorous plesiosaur.
- Elasmosaurus lived 70 million years ago in the Late Cretaceous Period, it became extinct 65 million years ago.
- Elasmosaurus' name means Plated Lizard.
- Elasmosaurus had 72 neck vertabrates.
- The Elasmosaurus had teeth sticking out of its' mouth from top to bottom.
- Elasmosaurus fossils were found in North America.
- Size: 34 ft in length
- The Elasmosaurus is green in the colorized version in Son of Kong.