Gigantophis garstinis are giant snakes found on Skull Island.
- One was seen in the 1933 classic King Kong in a deleted scene. It was seen hovering at the foot of the tree Ann Darrow was in while Kong went to fight the sailors on the log bridge. The snake slithered off when the T-Rex entered the clearing.
- In the 1976 remake King Kong, it came out of nowhere and it decides to kill Dwan, and Jack Prescott comes for his love, and Kong battles the snake and ripped its' jaws off.
- The name Gigantophis means Giant snake.
- The Gigantophis preys on large mammals and fish.
- The Gigantophis lived during the Tertiary Period.
- This snakes' fossils are found in Egypt.